Monday, May 14, 2007

Self Incrimination by Randy Singer

The story involves a young lawyer being hired to try her first murder case. The case she is trying involves a teenage girl, Tara, killing her step-dad in self defense due to abuse. The truth is complicated since Tara has not told her lawyers the truth. The case is complicated by insurance claims and a corrupt DA. The story ends somewhat abruptly with all the unanswered questions being tied neatly together. There are moments of intrigue where you want to keep turning the pages, but it was so far into the book that I almost didn’t finish it. Not my kind of book.

I found this book by Singer a little slow. I was not drawn into this book like I was the first book I read of his. Maybe because the subject matter did not include children, I am not sure. I found the plot choppy with an inclusion of a romantic story and a convenient conversion to Christ.

This was not a favorite of mine, but maybe I wanted something a little more relevant.

No comments: