Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Debt by Angela Hunt

This is only the second book that I have read by Angela Hunt. The first book was Unspoken sometime over Christmas. I was not real impressed by that book and so I did not get any other books by her. I tend to read all that I can find from an author that I like.

This book was timed perfectly for where I am right now. It was an easy book to read and the plot was simple yet profound. She chronicles the life of a pastor’s wife, Emma Rose. She is involved greatly in the ministry of a large church that broadcasts on television. Her days are filled with appointments, prayer meetings, letter writing campaigns, etc. She has secrets from her husband, Abel, about her past that come back and greatly impact her present.

Hunt does a decent job of accurately describing the reactions of Abel and how it all may play out. Emma is reconnected with the God that saved her and makes some bold changes to how she is going to live her life. I found it touching and inspiring. A great parable story of sacrifice. I think that this would be a good book for a book club. It includes good questions at the end.

No comments: