Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Chase by Susan Wale and Robin Shope

This is another book that I just found on the library shelf as I was searching for a new book to read. The back of the book described it as a political suspense novel. I don't go for much of those as you can tell from my other book choices. This one wasn't too long and sounded interesting.

The main story focuses on a female journalist that has uncovered a child selling ring that is disguised as an adoption agency. This is a huge cover up since one of the main players is running for the presidency. She is eventually forced to quit her dream job when the story breaks and the Senator has "proof" of legal adoptions. Even though she move back home she cannot let go of this story knowing all that she knows. As the story unfolds, she finds a connection with her family and also finds herself falling in love with Jesus and her new boss at the local paper.

I really enjoyed this book. It was not as predictable as I thought it might be, yet wasn't drawn out so that it didn't seem plausible. I suggest this book for a quick read and moments of suspense.

Happy Reading
Cyndee

No comments: