Sunday, August 17, 2008

Blue Heart Blessed by Susan Meissner

I think that I have found another author that I just love! Or maybe it is because many of her books are set in Minnesota - I can so relate. She has many books and I am looking forward to reading more of them.

This book tells the story of a young women who is trying to put her life back together again after her fiance cancels the wedding 10 days before it is suppose to happen. What do you do when your dreams of marriage are dashed? How do you start over?

Meissner does a great job of developing the main character. She writes in first person which always draws me in. The private thoughts and struggles are exposed on the page and you can feel her struggle with trust and forgiveness. She starts a business with her "almost" used wedding dress - selling used wedding dresses - antique and originals. Yet, even though it is the first dress in her inventory, she just can't bear to part with it.

This is a love story with God orchestrating all the events to draw her closer to Him - her true love. I laughed and cried with this book. I give it a thumbs up!

Blessings

No comments: