Monday, March 3, 2008

The Cinderella Hour by Katherine Stone

When I first picked up this book, I thought, "It will be one of those typical romance novels". This was not the case. It is not a christian book, but it was also not filled with descriptive love scenes that accompany these paperback novels either. It was more suspenseful with twists and turns in the story line. You wanted the best for these characters, you wanted them to stop hiding from each other and just talk it out.

The story is written in a flashback form. It was about two abused kids that meet and create a lifelong connection - love. It is the story of being saved by love and connection with others. I didn't really like the ending - way too convenient. I like ending that are believable. I am not really a writer, but I suppose that is hard to create this great plot and then finding a "happy" ending. I guess that life doesn't always work out that way. I am enjoying books that have real endings.

Blessings

No comments: