Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Breaking Free by Lauraine Snelling

I have read several of Snellings books. She often tackles the theme of forgiveness and starting over. This book is no different. Breaking Free parallels the recover of a retired racehorse with the recovery of the humans taking care of it. Many of the characters have issues of unworthiness and anger to deal with before they can start over. This was not a typical come to Jesus and be forgiven type of a book. It was a pleasant diversion. Not too intense in subject but not forced either. The story felt genuine. The characters have to overcome some obstacles, but finally learn to lean on God in all circumstances.

When I read, I always try to predict the outcome. The ending was not real surprising to me. Somewhat predictable, but sometimes I need a book like that.

No comments: