Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ever After by Karen Kingsbury

This is the next book after Even Now. This book is a tear-jerker ladies! So grab your kleenex and start reading.

I like to read Kingsbury because I learn so much. I am reminded of several things in this book. This first is the reminder of what my freedom costs. My freedom here in the U.S. as well as my freedom from death and fear. It is so ironic that freedom is never free - it costs somebody something, usually their life! So, I thank all those military families that are sacrificing everyday for my freedom.

The second thing that I learned was about the impact that one life can have. Do I have that kind of heart to impact the lives of others? Do I love without fear? We know the characters and their history from Even Now. Emily had prayed, found her parents and brought them back together. This book is the story of how it all works out for her parents, but it doesn't quite end in the way you think.

A wonderful story of hope and sacrifice. Thumbs up from me.

No comments: