Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Veritas by Frank Peretti

I found this in the children's section while looking for a book for my son. I didn't find the copy of Ribsy I was looking for, but found this.

This is a mystery series written by the author of "The Present Darkness" books. He likes to write about the spiritual unseen world of angels and demons. This book was an easy read since it was written for 5th graders yet, interesting enough for an easily entertained adult like me to enjoy.

The book was centered around the strange sicknesses of students in a high school supposedly linked to a curse. A family team assigned by the President infiltrates the school and eventually finds the source of the sickness. The mystery is fairly interesting with a hint of Christian faith and prayer thrown in appropriately. I would recommend this book as a quick read, especially for middle school/junior high age kids.

No comments: