Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sunrise by Karen Kingsbury

I just devoured this book. I am like the author - in my head these are real people! I have been invested in this series since the Baxters inception. Kingsbury really uses each book to teach a lesson. This book really stresses the idea of privacy and being truthful. The overall theme in all the multiple Baxter books is about family. Sharing those special moments - remembering all the blessings that God has given you.

This book follows the beginning of Dayne Matthews and Katy Hart relationship. The decisions of getting married and how they can accomplish this in privacy. The excitement of new love and the choice to stay pure until marriage. The whole idea of honoring your future spouse - that the Honeymoon is really special. A couple of side stories hint on losing your innocence to the wrong person. How we are easily fooled by words when we want to be.

I just love Kingsbury, so you will probably never hear a bad review about her books. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Cheri said...

I know I still owe you your book back. I wanted to typed something from it for my bible study class and finally got around to it this week. Now to schedule a trip to the post office...