Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Proposal by Angela Hunt

I am on this Angela Hunt phase of reading. I just got some Kingsbury, so I will go back to her soon. Hunt’s books are always so different. I am never sure what to expect. I am impressed with her writing ability – like I am such a great judge? This book was more of a suspense novel as the reader continuously pulled for the underdog and hoped that the big mafia would not win.

The story begins when the main character, Theo, is mistaken for another famous author. She comes upon the topic that would make her a great author – the link between abortions and breast cancer. It turns out that women that abort their first pregnancy have a 50% greater chance of getting breast cancer than women that don’t. The pro-choice camp wants to keep this secret so that “fetal tissue” can continue to be used for research. It is a twisting story with lots of unexpected turns. I would call this a disturbing page turner – definitely not for the faint at heart.

I would recommend reading this. It hit close to home since the research for this book is real. There really is a link between the two. Why don’t we hear about this? Could this story be why? Is the media covering up the truth? These are thoughts….

Thanks for reading.

No comments: